The Lungs of Mysuru: Part 2

 Hi viewers, Welcome to 'What's around us to explore'! Today's article is a continuation of my previous article "The Lungs of Mysuru" aka Kukkarahali Lake. A lake which is situated in the heart of Mysuru, and loved by all nature admirers. The lake is so elegant and pleasent and every pic that I took from this lake looks like as if it is painted. 


Every time you visit this place, you will get a fresh new experience and positive vibes. This time I was lucky enough to get welcomed by a beautiful peahen, it just passed in front of me as soon as I stepped in side the walking path from University gate. This time rain enhanced the pleasing sights of the lake.  


The forest area of the lake drenched in rain water. 

 Looks like a random pic of a tree but if we give a closer look for a while, you can see thousands of bats community hanging on the branches. This is a place where I have seen maximum number of bats community at a time. 

Roosts of flying fox/bats community

While walking along the path of the lake, I was distracted by the vibrant and volant damselflies and dragon flies. I could spot 3 varities of damselflies, red, green and blue colored and 2 varities of dragonflies, red and bright yellow/orange coloured. They were just whizzing through the air and I couldn't capture a clear picture. 
Dragonfly species 

Damselfly species 

Not being a keen observer but these three tiny little coot chicks stole the show! Mother coot was training these little ones for swimming and catching of prey. Just another amazing sight to see. 


Common Coot Chicks

Dozens of fresh watered snail shells settled on the banks. 



A Purple Moorhen wadding on the lake sides. Eichhornia being spread across the water. 

These were some live experience I spotted during my second visit to the Kukkarahali lake. I believe that I have not even covered 2% of the richness what this amazing lake carries. The biodiversity of this lake seems to be an ocean that cannot be documented everything in one or 2 visits. Lot more to come in my next articles on this lake. Till then, keep logging into 'whats around us to explore'. 

Gallery 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SEA SHORE DIARIES: PART II

Moolikavana

RANGANATHITTU ROUNDS